Dandelions in the Graveyard

June 10, 2014


Eve has been working hard to learn the skill of blowing a dandelion versus eating the dandelion. 
Obviously some more practice is needed.

Why are we in a graveyard you may ask? I have always loved to frequent graveyards to find peace and understanding in this stressful world and believe it's extremely important for Eve to visit them as well. It's a great opportunity to talk about the natural side of life and death, the importance of living life to the fullest and to remember those that have been lost. It has a quiet, soothing peace that is hard to come by in a busy city. 

It's also a great reality check on what is worth stressing about in this life. You can enter a graveyard full of stress and anxiety and come out with a swift kick to the rear that will help you remember what life's priorities really should be.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes, it is a great place to reflect. And usually it's quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Lily has also tried to master blowing dandelions, however they are pretty much gone. I have also taken lily to a graveyard. We have recently lost my wife's great aunt. I did my best to explain what we were doing in a not so scary way. But she was only 17 months and was more interested in the flowers and the trees which was perfectly fine with me :-)

    ReplyDelete